Everyone’s vison of an ideal retirement differs in the details, but common goals include a comfortable standard of living, good health, and meaningful experiences with family and friends, travel, and more. SageVest Wealth Management is proud to launch our Retirement Resources Center, a one-stop shop in support of your retirement objectives – whatever they may be! Whether you’re just starting to save, nearing retirement, or already a retiree, our Retirement Resources Center provides a wealth of information.
SageVest Wealth Management offers a coordinated approach to wealth management, one that brings together your investment and financial decisions within a single comprehensive strategy for financial success. With the launch of our Retirement Resources Center, we’ve extended that unified approach to your retirement plans too. We’ve brought together a range of articles and resources to help answer common retirement questions like:
- How much do I need to save for retirement?
- Is maxing your 401(k) enough?
- When can I afford to retire?
- What are Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)?
Social Security benefits play an important role in your retirement finances. Our Retirement Resources Center can help you make the most of your hard-earned benefits. With SageVest blog articles and direct links to the Social Security Administration, we help address some of the most common Social Security benefit questions, such as:
- When should I begin Social Security?
- What’s my full retirement age?
- How much will I get from Social Security?
- Can I work and claim retirement benefits?
How to stay fit and active and how to manage healthcare costs are both vital elements of a happy and fulfilling retirement. The SageVest Retirement Resources Center includes a range of information and resources to help with healthcare considerations in retirement, including:
- What’s the difference between Medicare Parts A, B, C and D?
- Who is eligible for Medicare?
- When should I apply for Medicare?
- Do I need long-term care insurance?
There are a host of housing decisions, relative to your retirement and your finances. Do you plan to stay in your own house, downsize, or build your dream home? Perhaps you’ll move to be near family, or even move in with family? Or maybe a retirement community sounds enticing? Our Retirement Resources Center contains Federal and local resources, plus popular SageVest blogs on these and other topics:
- How do I choose a retirement community?
- Can I afford a vacation home?
- Should I rent or buy?
- What affordable home resources are available to me?
One of the biggest retirement myths is that you’ll spend less when you retire. In reality, you have extra hours to fill with travel, family and friends, and other rewarding experiences. Careful financial planning can help you live a fulfilling lifestyle in retirement, one that supports you and your family objectives. Check out our blog articles and resources on a broad range of lifestyle topics in our Retirement Resources Center:
- Top travel tips.
- How to save money on vacations.
- Best ways to gift to family members.
- Contributing to your grandkids’ college costs.
Ensuring that your estate plans and documents accurately reflect your wishes is important at any age. We can help guide your discussions and decisions with professionalism, discretion, and compassion. Related topics that can be found in our Retirement Resources Center include:
- Common estate planning mistakes and how to avoid them.
- How to discuss family finances with loved ones.
- Ways to establish philanthropic giving.
- What to do when a loved one dies.
Achieving the retirement that you envision and deserve involves time, knowledge, planning, and determination. Our Retirement Resources Center is designed as an initial starting point to encourage retirement readiness. For more information on retirement planning in VA, MD, and DC, we invite you to contact us. SageVest Wealth Management is a fee-only independent advisor, offering customized wealth management, investment services, and financial planning – including retirement planning – in McLean, VA and the wider Washington, DC Metro area.