Volatility certainly surfaced in the markets over the past several weeks. Numerous stock markets around the world entered correction territory, marked by a 10 percent decline or more, all within a period of a few short weeks. During volatile times, one of the worst investment decisions you can make is to sell into fear. However, there are a few investment strategies you might wish to consider amidst volatility in the markets.Read More
SageVest Wealth Management’s latest quarterly commentary is now available. Highlights include:
– US stock markets achieve new highs and milestones, making it a remarkable quarter.
– Bonds and international stocks lag as interest rates rise and currency impacts take a toll.
– Trade tensions increase, creating uncertainty for companies and consumers, including distinct inflation concerns.Read More
It’s been almost a decade of watching cash yields hover at zero percent or just above. In fact, investors have been searching for yield on cash balances for so long that you may have forgotten to look by now, assuming that yields simply aren’t worth monitoring. However, a series of rate increases by the Federal Reserve Board mean that cash yields are finally returning to respectable levels. If you have meaningful cash balances, now’s the time to re-evaluate the potential yield on cash.Read More
SageVest Wealth Management’s most recent quarterly investment commentary is now available, reviewing the second quarter of 2018. Highlights include:
– Second quarter returns remained fairly anemic.
– The economy and the job market remain strong, offering a hopeful outlook, particularly when combined with tax reform.
– Global trade tensions are the primary weight on the markets, leaving investors and businesses wary due to extreme unknowns.Read More
Bond prices and bond investment returns have recently fallen under pressure as interest rates have been rising. As such, some investors are turning to CDs for a guaranteed rate of return in the wake of modest dilution in bond values. While mitigating losses in bonds makes sense and is tempting, SageVest Wealth Management offers the following investment insights in weighing the pros and cons of bonds versus CDs in a potentially rising interest rate environment.Read More
SageVest Wealth Management’s quarterly commentary is now available, reviewing the first quarter of 2018. Highlights include:
– Market volatility unleashed in the first quarter.
– Fears of inflation, trade wars and the outlook for key stock market leaders choked the markets.
– Investors are cautioned to think long-term about appropriate positioning after volatile market swings.Read More
It’s time to wish a joyous ‘Happy Birthday’ to the second longest bull market in history! March 9, 2018, marks nine years of prosperity for the stock markets, following the depths of the Great Recession in 2008. If you’ve been invested in stocks over the past nine years, you have prospered, gaining greater wealth potential.
As we enter the 10th year of a bull market, now’s a critical time to ask yourself some key investment questions. SageVest Wealth Management offers 5 key considerations on the bull market’s ninth anniversary, to ensure your portfolio continues to flourish, while also protecting yourself against the inevitable market correction.Read More
The Dow Jones Industrial Average recently crossed a record-breaking 26,000, with other indices also hitting record highs. If you’ve been invested in stocks, you’re likely celebrating and considering if it’s time to take some profits through diligent rebalancing. Conversely, if you’re sitting on cash balances, you may be facing the difficult decision of whether now’s a good time to dive into the markets or whether you should stay on the cash sidelines. While the answer’s different for everyone, SageVest Wealth Management offers some advice on how to invest at market highs now the Dow’s above 26,000.Read More
The SageVest Wealth Management quarterly commentary is now available for year-end 2017. Highlights include:
– 2017 brought prosperity to investors, thanks to continued new stock market highs and low volatility.
– Expectations of tax reform supported growth, and became a late-year Republican victory. The ultimate impacts will be seen in the months and years ahead.
– 2018 offers plenty of continued growth opportunity, with a worthy cautionary note that we’re in the second longest bull market ever, with elevated valuations.Read More
SageVest Wealth Management’s quarterly commentary for the third quarter of 2017 is now available. Highlights include:
— It was a summer of fast-flying headlines, tweets and, sadly missiles, raising tensions and controversy.
— Fortunately, investment markets remained relatively immune to the news cycle, continuing to set new highs, and rewarding stock investors in the process.
— While the world is not devoid of risk, there are plenty of positive market attributes to celebrate as we head into year-end.Read More