Saving for Retirement
Saving and preparing for retirement is a journey, frequently taking years to achieve. It pays to begin early, with knowledge to set you on a strong path toward your goals.
- A simple look at how much you need to save for retirement.
- How to know if you’re saving enough for retirement.
- A quick financial checklist.
- The top 10 retirement myths.
- Financial planning for retirement and other financial objectives.
- Is maxing your 401(k) enough?
- Retirement planning for women.
Preparing for Retirement
SageVest Wealth Management offers a host of retirement resources, whether you’re just starting to save for retirement, approaching retirement, considering early retirement, or are already retired.
- Thinking ahead to retirement
- Financial planning tips as you near retirement.
- What to consider before retiring part-time.
- How to invest based on your age.
- Creating a customized financial plan for your retirement.
- Key retirement ages
Your Finances in Retirement
Planning for retirement doesn’t end once you’ve retired. Decisions continue every year. We believe that smart planning anticipates various “what if” scenarios to ensure you’re prepared for life’s events.
- Tips for enjoying a successful retirement.
- Planning for a long and happy retirement.
- Investing for your future.
- Planning for healthcare costs in retirement.
- Your housing options in retirement.
- Understanding your retirement benefits.
- Everything you need to know about Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs).
- How to identify and avoid financial scams.
Additional Retirement Resources
We offer a list of our top picks for additional information about retirement planning:
- Life expectancy calculator – Knowing how long you’ll live helps ensure your finances will last.
- IRA Distribution Facts – How to avoid tax penalties.
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) – Nonprofit organization for Americans aged 50+.
- Social Security Administration – Applying for retirement benefits.
- JP Morgan’s Guide To Retirement – An informative study on retirement facts.
- Daily Money Managers – Professional assistance with daily money management needs.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for Older Americans – Information, resources, and free guides on avoiding scams, Social Security benefits, and more.
- Women’s Institute For A Secure Retirement (WISER) focuses on the unique retirement challenges faced by women.