Owning Your Home In Retirement
If you own your home, it’s probably your most valuable asset. SageVest’s advice extends well beyond your investments, including important housing decisions.
- Mortgage tips in retirement.
- The benefits of acquiring a home equity line of credit (HELOC) before you retire.
- What you need to know about reverse mortgages.
- Questions to ask yourself before buying a vacation home.
- Which home records you need to keep.
Housing Decisions In Retirement
Decisions about how to approach housing often change in retirement and as individuals age. Common decisions include where to live, downsizing and whether to rent or own.
Deciding to enter a retirement community can be rewarding, yet complicated, with an array of decision and choices. We frequently counsel clients on what’s best relative to their financial and life objectives.
Additional Retirement Housing Resources
We offer a number of additional helpful resources.
- HUD – The Federal government provides housing information for aging adults.
- AARP Home Fit Guide – How to remodel your home for a comfortable and safe retirement.
- Offices Of The Aging – Local and state offices dedicated to helping seniors and families:
- Local Tax and Housing Authorities – Remember to inquire about property tax relief initiatives for seniors:
- National Association of Senior Move Managers – Helping elders downsize and move.