Basic Estate Planning Needs
SageVest Wealth Management guides our clients in all aspects of legacy planning. This includes ensuring your essential documents are in order, properly registering assets, updating beneficiary designations, and more.
- A financial planning checklist to review your financial well-being.
- Electing a Trusted Contact.
- How to discuss family finances with your adult children.
- Common estate planning mistakes to avoid.
- A checklist of what to do when a loved one dies.
- The SageVest Life List – A printable list of key financial information you might need to relay to family members.
As you become the elder in the family, the potential for family gifting decisions expand. SageVest counsels clients on decisions such as how to structure a gift, it’s financial impacts to you and the benefit to your family member.
Well thought charitable giving strategies can help to align your finances with your personal and family values. Our advisors help you to evaluate the best strategy relative to your goals and tax considerations.
- What to think about if you want to become a philanthropist.
- Common forms of giving.
- Questions to ask when researching a charity.
- SageVest’s printable list of local DC, MD and VA giving circles.
Additional Legacy Retirement Resources
Following are a few additional resources you might find of interest.
- Everplans – An online repository of financial and family information to safeguard and/or share.
- ACTEC – Search for skilled estate planning attorneys near you.
- Local giving opportunities – Community Foundations, charitable gift funds, giving circles and other nonprofit resources: